Apple updated the OS X and iOS operating systems yesterday. Of note in these updates is a new version of Apple’s native web browser, Safari, which addresses several security issues. From Apple, here’s the description and some relevant links.
The OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 Update is recommended for all Mavericks users. It improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac.
- Fixes an issue that prevented some Macs from automatically connecting to known Wi-Fi networks
- Fixes issue causing the background or Apple logo to appear incorrectly on startup
- Improves the reliability of waking from sleep
- Includes Safari 7.0.5
This update contains bug fixes and security updates, including:
- Improves iBeacon connectivity and stability
- Fixes a bug with data transfer for some 3rd party accessories, including bar code scanners
- Corrects an issue with data protection class of Mail attachments
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
Available via iTunes or OTA