Day One is an elegantly designed journaling application that runs on iOS and on OS X. It’s cloud integrated so that everything stays in sync and is accessible from anywhere. I use it and it’s an excellent tool. I highly recommend it.
Day One has been the App of the Week on the Mac App Store this week and today is the last day to get the OS X version (Mac) for 30% off ($6.99) and the iOS version (iPhone / iPad) for free.
Day One is made by Bloom Built, LLC and here’s their description.
Day One is a journaling app for the iPhone, iPad and Mac. Record life as you live it. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One’s elegant interface makes journaling your life a simple pleasure.
More about Day One is available on their web site.
Apple updated the OS X and iOS operating systems yesterday. Of note in these updates is a new version of Apple’s native web browser, Safari, which addresses several security issues. From Apple, here’s the description and some relevant links.
The OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 Update is recommended for all Mavericks users. It improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac.
- Fixes an issue that prevented some Macs from automatically connecting to known Wi-Fi networks
- Fixes issue causing the background or Apple logo to appear incorrectly on startup
- Improves the reliability of waking from sleep
- Includes Safari 7.0.5
OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 Update
OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 Update (Combo)
This update contains bug fixes and security updates, including:
- Improves iBeacon connectivity and stability
- Fixes a bug with data transfer for some 3rd party accessories, including bar code scanners
- Corrects an issue with data protection class of Mail attachments
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
Available via iTunes or OTA
These are my Pinboard links for 11 October 2012 through 25 October 2012:
These are my Pinboard links for 27 July 2012 through 30 July 2012:
These are my links for 3 April 2012 through 7 April 2012:
These are my links for 30 March 2012 through 3 April 2012: